Sunday, March 7, 2010

Does anyone know when the patten for Plavix and Lipitor will expire and when generics will be available?

Question:

I take both of these drugs and they are very expensive. Someone told me the pattens on both drugs will expire in the next year or so but did not know exactly when.

Answer:

Plavix is gonna expire on 2011, while Lipitor will go generic only on 2012. Actually, I am also taking Lipitor. It works wonders on my bad cholesterol and tri's but now my good cholesterol is whacked, lowered. Ratio is also a lot better but the lowering of my good cholesterol has my doctor thinking I need yet another drug to bring good cholesterol back up. I used to order generic version of Lipitor (Atorvastatin) overseas, with the http://www.pharmacynextdoor.com , they have very reasonable prices on Generic Lipitor, I used to get 3 months supply for only $125 dollars. It is interesting that they already have the generic version of it. Have not noticed any difference comparing to PFIZER Lipitor. I do not care if it is illegal, but it is much much cheaper, and it was a life-saver for me. They also sell generic plavix, it is called Clopidogrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment