Friday, December 11, 2009

Is Co-Enzyme Q10 really worth taking or just a waste of money?

Question:

I've read all the stuff about Q10 and have been taking it for years because I suffered from high Cholesterol and was put on Lipitor to lower it, that worked and my Cholesterol is fine now, I've read and was told by health stores that one needs Q10 to replace what the body doesn't replenish anymore as you get older and also because of Cholesterol lowering drugs, its meant to be good for your heart and brain etc, anyway this is what i was told. Just recently I had a slight Heart flutter and got checked out by one of the best Cardiologists in the world, he asked me what meds I take so I told him and then mentioned I take Q10, he asked "why"? so I told him, he then said "don't bother" it does nothing" "it;s all marketing" and only makes me poor and the health shops rich, I feel really ripped off now, Ive been spending $50 a month for stuff that doesn't do anything? as I have said he is a Professor and leading World renown Cardiologist that has pioneered heart saving procedures and knows what he is talking about, so who do I believe? Him or a health shop / pill manufacturers?

Answer:

Well, I can't really compete with the credentials of a world renown cardiologist, but I can tell you 2 things: 1) I've seen and heard many different world renown cardiologists disagreeing over many things. The fact that one says that means nothing to me. 2) I personally use Co Q Enzyme 10, and I personally feel the difference. I like it. I feel better. I use a cream on my face, and I can visibly see the difference...and when I take a tablet, I can physically feel the difference. I go by my own experience with it. That's what I trust. And I'm a skeptical person...who rarely relies on over the counter remedies for anything. So, there are my 2 cents worth. Take them and use them for what you can find valuable for yourself...and good luck with your decision on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment